Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Days 5 and 6

Day 5 was a rushed drive from Sault Ste. Marie (where I sat and watched the locks until I realized that I was running very late) to Manitoulin Island's South Baymouth. I arrived in South Baymouth five-minutes before the Chi-Cheemaun ferry was due to leave the dock. There was another ferry crossing at 11PM or so, but the draw of a sunset cruise across Huron made the 5:55PM crossing much more desirable.
Stayed the night at the Big Tub Resort in Tobermory (nothing resort-like about it, but it was a place to lay my head). After checking out the following morning, I made my way down the street to the lighthouse point where I sat on the rocks and watched the lake for an hour or so. Got to watch the Chi-Cheemaun as it departed for its midday trip back across the lake.

Here are some of the photos from those days:














Arrived in Stratford mid-afternoon with just enough time to pick-up my tickets from the Straford Shakespeare Festival box office, find my hotel, and make it back to the theatre for The Taming of the Shrew.

No comments: