Friday, October 17, 2008

My time in Ottawa, a photo essay of sorts

From Quebec I continued on to Ontario, just in time for the beginning of the fall colors.

There was a lot of relaxati0n, long conversations, and good time with all of my family. Not many big stories or photos, but it was a wonderful time nonetheless.

My grandfather took me for an excellent tour of Gatineau Park with stops at the MacKenzie King Estate and Pink Lake (named for its algae-driven hue in some seasons).

On the way home, we stopped by a small park along the Ottawa River Parkway to visit and feed the ducks. When we pulled up, there were maybe 5-10 mallards waddling around along the path. Moments after the first handful of cracked-corn was thrown, at least 40 more mallards, seagulls, and canada geese exploded out of the nearby bushes to join the feeding frenzy.




And finally, one of the greatest joys of my visit, my new cousin (once-removed), Parker. I've been officially named "Uncle Jonathan"... I like it.
Parker is an awesome little guy. He's about two-weeks old in all of these photos and, when he's not sleeping, is already an active and aware little kid. I may be biased, but I think he's pretty darn cute.









*It's worth noting that this photo is one of the last taken of my Grandfather, Sydney Dove. He was so proud of his first great-grandchild, I'm glad to have captured this moment.

No comments: