Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 13 - 2300 miles for this???

The last trip in to Charlottetown, apart from our upcoming visit to the airport.

Caught a brass quintet on the steps of the Confederation Centre for the Arts. College/University students, playing a repertoire based almost entirely off of the works of The Canadian Brass. Nothing too original, but still enjoyable. Took some photos, the tuba player asked me to email the set to her, I can’t deny the slight bit of hope that they might be my first published photos, if the Centre produces any advertising for the event next year.





While I was listening, the family went around the corner to the Centre’s outdoor amphitheatre to watch a musical show that had been advertised at the Cynthia MacLeod Ceilidhs (the step-dancer was a member of this outdoor performance). Turns out that it is an Alberta-sponsored show about Alberta... we flew across Canada to watch a show about Alberta in Charlottetown. I stood there for a moment or two, watched some cowboys prance around on stage, and then went back for the second half of the brass quintet’s performance. Had to take a photo at the amphitheatre though... only in Charlottetown would you see this.



Got back to the cottage in time for an evening walk on the beach. Took off my ankle brace and shoes and went for a barefoot walk on the beach and through the shallows. There was no way that I was leaving the island without dipping my toes on the Atlantic once more. It was worth it, but I’m sitting here a week later in Ottawa and my ankle is only now getting back to the point of healing where it was before that walk... But it was worth it. Saw some lobsters in the shallows, an unfortunately crippled 4” one, and a whole bunch of tiny 1” babies, still white/clear. Also saw (and interacted with) lots of crabs. Neat to watch, but I must admit that I am not particularly fond of the nibbling.




2 comments:

Jordan said...

After some contemplation I'm still not sure what the main target of that one photo was. The red head who looks like she just stepped out of a time warp from 1903 or the cutie in the green next to her. LOL silly easterners, I wonder if they really think Alberta's like that. That would be humorous.

Jonathan said...

I'm still too much of a wimp (or maybe just non-creepy) to stand there with my telephoto and take photos of pretty girls in the crowd...

On the other hand, I don't feel at all guilty contrasting an Anne impersonator with an attractive young lady in more modern clothes.