Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 14 - Last full day on the Island

I hope to someday honeymoon at Dalvay By The Sea. I’m considering starting a savings fund for the sake of affording the $340 nightly fee for a room.




This is a Blue Heron, the marshes and bays around the island are full of these birds. For 30 years, my father has had a habit of trying to sneak up on these birds in order to take a good picture or just watch them through binoculars... they always seem to know that he’s coming and proceed to fly away. I just happened to catch this shot through the trees at the pond right near our cottage.


This is where I intend to live one day, or at least someplace like it. The island is covered in beautiful farm houses nestled in amongst rolling green fields and beautiful groves of tall trees. I might get a horse too, just to complete the scene, but I’ll need someone else to handle the feeding and grooming (stupid allergies).


A red dirt road with rich green trees on either side. The definition of PEI.


An eight-second exposure from Stanhope cape beach. I think this is my favourite image from the trip.

1 comment:

Cyler Parent said...

Man, those shots are nice. I really love your long exposures. I hope you have some shots from Ottawa as well, maybe of the locks. Man I wish I could live a life of traveling the world. It'll be good to have you back in Calgary though.