Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 13 - A friend arrives

Back when I was first contemplating this trip, I jokingly made the offer for friends to join me, knowing tha none of them would have time or money enough to willingly devote to such an adventure. That was back when I was planning on departing mid-june, before my plans were foiled by circumstances at work. When I restarted planning, I put out a more heartfelt welcome for friends to join me in some or or all of the cross-country adventure. In the end, the only taker was my buddy Daniel, funded by a parental grad-gift of a return-flight to anywhere. Both out of concern for costs and simply avoiding the wonderful (sarcasm) drive across AB, SK, MN, and ON, Daniel opted to fly in to Ottawa and simply travel the remaining two days with me out to the island. He'll be here flying out of Charlottetown on the 17th, six days or so before I head off. I'm glad for the company.

Today's photos record our visit to the Canadian War Museum (Daniel standing behind a hilariously-sized tank from Italy), a walk around the "Hogs Back" falls and locks section of the Rideau river/canal, and the sunset over the Ottawa river from my grandfather's balcony.






1 comment:

Cyler Parent said...

Sweet landscapes. Tell Daniel to make up his mind, is he cheering for the Flames, or does he hold onto the belief that the Jet's might come back?